This section overviews some of the key strategies that shape the detailed work of advancement professionals. It includes discussions about working with alumni, running campaigns and raising funds. It also highlights some key areas of knowledge such as developing a case for support, working work with leadership as well as guidance from CASE Principles of Practice.
This section begins by looking at advancement and institutional strategy.
Featured podcasts and videos in this section
- Advancement and institutional strategy: Advancement professionals from South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya talk about how advancement relates to their institutional strategy.
- Working with leadership: Advancement professionals from across Africa talk about their experiences of working with their leadership.
- Case study: Alumni relations at Lagos Business School: Henry Onukwuba talks about the history and organisation of alumni relations at Lagos Business School in Nigeria.
- Case study: Lagos Business School President’s Dinner: Contains a featured video from the annual Presidents Dinner event held at Lagos Business School.
- Regular giving: Bev Witten talks about how to establish a culture of giving at your institution.
- Corporate fundraising: Bruno van Dyk talks about his experience of corporate fundraising in South Africa.
- Case study: Towards Sustainable Justice at UCT: Pauline Alexander talks about a campaign organised by the Faculty of Law at the University of Cape Town in South Africa.