In this section, we look at specific areas of advancement activities relating to alumni relations and fundraising. It contains discussions about establishing advancement at your institution, examines the cultivation process, data management, benchmarking, best practices and ethics in advancement. It also focuses on procedures and policies for accepting gifts and highlights potential ethical issues and dilemmas faced by those working in an advancement role.
This section begins by looking at the major-gift cultivation process.
Featured podcasts and videos in this section
- The major-gift cultivation process: Simon Pennington talks about the seven steps of the cultivation process.
- Using databases in advancement: Advancement professionals in Kenya and South Africa talk about how they use databases in their operations.
- Benchmarking in advancment: Simon Pennington talks about benchmarking and its benefits.
- Ethics in advancement operations: Victor Dugga talks about ethical issues in advancement.
- Policies and protocols: Warren Buford discusses the importance of policies and protocols for gift acceptance, ethics, conflicts of interest, gift accounting, naming and endowment.